|Greek Ranged Unit|
|Age Available||Bronze Age|
|Train Time||12 s.|
|Trained/Built from||Archery Range (Greek)|
|Bonus vs. infantry||2.0|
- The basic archer, the Toxotes deals massive amounts of damage from afar, especially when in large numbers.
The following technologies can be used improved the abilities of the Toxotes during a mission.
- Bronze Age
- Silver Age
- Improved Fletching Increases the Line-of-Sight of Toxotes.
- Broadhead Arrows Increases the Pierce Damage of Toxotes.
- Chain Mail Increases the Melee Armor of Toxotes.
- Shield Truss Increases the Pierce Armor of Toxotes.
- Agoge Discipline Decreases the Training Time of Toxotes.
- Toxotes Champion Increases Toxotes's health and damage.
- Golden Age
Toxotes were Greek archers who carried a Short Bow, for shooting target a far, and a sword and shield, for personal protection.For armor they wore cloth or leather armor to protect their body. The Cretan archers, a variation, used long bows instead of short bows to increase distance but required more training to master.
- along with Hypaspists can become a very powerful army
- in the Golden Age many players will still choose to have large balls of Toxotes because of their higher speed and lower cost, while still having comparable damage
- The Design of the Toxetes in-game is different to the Icon, showing that at one point of devolpment the Toxetes were going to look similar to Hoplites.