|Greek Cavalry Unit|
|Age Available||Bronze Age|
|Hit Points||420 (400)|
|Train Time||15 s.|
|Trained/Built from||Stables (Greek)|
|Armor vs. ranged||0.5 (0.4)|
|Bonus vs. ranged||3.0 (3.5)|
- Mounted on horseback and armed with javelins, the Sarissophoroi easily defeats archers but are vulnerable to attack from Spearman and other Cavalry.
Equipment Slots Edit
- Bronze Age
- Silver Age
- Purebred Increases the Movement Speed of Sarissophoroi.
- Broadhead Arrows Increases the Damage of Sarissophoroi.
- Chain Mail Increases the Melee Armor of Sarissophoroi.
- Shield Truss Increases the Pierce Armor of Sarissophoroi.
- Agoge Discipline Decreases the Training Time of Sarissophoroi.
- Sarissophoroi Champion Upgrades Sarissophoroi's range, and speed.
- Golden Age
- Unlike most other civilizations who have effective early cavalry, it is not recommended to raid with a group of Sarissophoroi because of their low damage to villagers and buildings, both of whom have pierce armor on them.
- As Alexander the Great's light cavalry, Sarissophoroi carried a shorter version of an infantryman's spear or a javelin to attack enemies at range
- Most Sarissophoroi wore little to no body armor other than a helmet. This was due to their dependancy on speed over protection.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.