The Quest System is a primary feature in Age of Empires Online. Quests are given by NPCs in cities and rewarded by the same NPC who gave it to you. The rewards vary based on the Quest level, difficulty, and type.
The first quest available to receive is from the Village Elder who is standing in front of the Capital City's Palace building. As with all quest givers, he has an exclamation point above his head, making him easy to find.
- Click the quest giver and read the quest details, which include quest objectives and rewards.
- To accept the quest, click "Accept". To exit a quest without accepting it, click "Close".
Once you've accepted the quest, the exclamation point over the quest giver's head turns to a Gray question mark.
When you have completed a quest, return to the original quest giver and click on them. You will see a question mark in yellow or blue over their head depending on whether the quest is repeatable or not.
A yellow exclamation point above a quest giver’s head indicates that they offer a non-repeatable quest – the player can complete this quest only once. A blue exclamation point above a quest giver’s head indicates that they offer a repeatable quest – the player can complete this quest as many times as they wish, but may be limited to some restrictions.
Repeatable Quests Edit
Some quests in Age of Empires Online are repeatable. If you’re having difficulty completing a particular storyline quest, you may want to play repeatable quests to level up your Capital City to gain access to better technologies before attempting the more difficult ones.
Some quests in Age of Empires Online are not repeatable.
Quest colors are determined by the difficulty of the quest relative to your level. You can also use the color of the quest to determine the type of loot you will get. The more difficult the quest, the higher the potential treasure rewards will be:
- Gray: Very Easy
- Green: Normal
- Yellow: Difficult
- Orange: Very Difficult
- Red: Extremely Difficult
A Quest can be repeated any number of times, but there are some Quests that after being completed aren't available until some time later:
- Weekly is defined as: 150 Hours
- Daily is defined as: 12 Hours
- No-Restrictions: Unlimited
Elite Mode Edit
Elite mode increases the difficulty of the quest and also provides better rewards. You can toggle Elite mode on repeatable quests by clicking the skull checkbox next to the abandon button. Both are found when selecting a quest from your map.
It appears the Elite bonus to XP is 33%, a bonus you'll recieve on the regular XP when you complete the quest at the quest-giver.
List of Campaigns Edit
- Argos Campaign -- Available at level 20, Traditional quests
- Cyprus Campaign -- Skirmish mode + Traditional quests
- Defense of Crete -- Defend the wonder from waves
- Fertile Crescent -- Coop focused quests
- Northern Invasion -- 4 City Defense Quests (Normal, repeatable, Elite) quests, 8 storyline quests & 1 legendary.
Project Celeste exclusives Edit
- Athens -- 13 new story Quests, 9 elite quests & 4 legendary quests.
- Cyrus the Great -- 4 new Quests, 3 legendary quests.
- General Zu's Glory Days -- 4 Legendary quests.
- The Realms of the World -- 15 new quests, 10 coop
- Treasures of the Nile -- 8 new Legendary quests.
- The Adventures of Brennos and Comontorios -- 7 main Co-Op only quests with their Legendary variants, 11 Elite Quests, 6 Repeatable Quests, 4 Story/Global Quests
Co-op Multiplayer Edit
Your empire is gaining notoriety and strength but not enough to tackle your greatest challenges. Alliance is the key. Call upon your closest allies and unite against your foes. You can finish many quests faster with your LIVE friends and reap the benefits of your alliances. For some of the toughest quests, you may find that you can only finish with friends. Once your combined forces lay the enemies to rest, all that’s left is to gather the spoils.
You can co-op with Greek cities of any level. Co-op games can be selected through the quest map.
How To Co-OpEdit
In chat type /invite gamertag where gamertag is the person you want to play with. Once they accept your invitation you will form a party. Navigate to your map and select a co-op quest. When a quest is available for co-op there will be a check mark in the ‘Co-Op’ box.
Sparta PvP Multiplayer Edit