This article is about a patched out part of the game it is no longer part of the game in it's current state].
During the era of official support of the game, there was a divide between free and Premium players regarding access to the game's content. However, free players were able to join any coop quest a premium player started and were able to access the entire main campaign (but not the shorter, premium bonus campaigns)
The freemium offer included:
- Full Tutorial and Main Campaign
- Access to play all basic Civilizations, and being able to Co-op or PvP with players on the pro civs
- Ability to reach level 20 on the basic civs free, with levelling from 20-40 on all civs a premium offer
- All basic civilization campaign quests
- Full Civilization Technology Trees (Minus Premium Technology which is indictated by a star icon.)
- Capital cities for each basic civilization, with some functionality
- Co-Op Campaign Missions (most of the campaign was Co-Op able)
- Online Random PVP (Via Sparta or Arena)
- Multiplayer Chat
- Gear (White: Common, and Green: Uncommon Gear)
Below is a table representing the differences in a more tangible light than the sales pitch at the Bazaar: Items available:
|Workshops||2 basic max
||8 basic max|
2 advanced max
|Crafting Schools||Limited to 1 at a time||Limited to 2 at a time|
|PVP||Unranked||Ranked and Unranked|
* Every civilization started with a 16-slot warehouse that is unpackable. Giving free civilizations only one warehouse to build and pro/premium civilizations only four warehouses to build.
** Consignments were the 5% commision paid to Premium players when another player buys something with gold from a store in their city.