Pompey The Great is an Advisor exclusive to the Roman Civilization, active in Golden Age.
- All Military Units are 50% more resistant to bonus damage and deal 10% more damage
Pompey was first revealed in Weekly Blog #23: Caesar, Pompey, Crassus forum post on November 30th, 2019. He will act as an advisor, a community Role in the Legion of Pompey and finally as part of a new Unique Game Mode.
- Around 60 BCE, Caesar, Pompey, and Crassus enjoyed enormous military power and each led separate armies under the Roman flag. As their individual power rose, they each threatened the stability of the Republic.
- Pompey was a bit older than Caesar and by, all accounts, was the greatest military leader of the time. Pompey led the Romans to victory in multiple wars, most notably against Roman rebels in Hispania, against the Persian empire, and on the Mediterranean itself against the Cilician Pirates. Pompey fashioned himself as a modern day Alexander, and it was no coincidence that his troops bestowed upon him the same moniker. Pompey truly was Great.
- Will include the use of hero units of Caesar, Pompey, and Crassus leading your army. We are very much in the infancy stages of this idea, as well. But it's been a pretty slow week for Roman development, and we would like to tease you all with these ideas
Pompey The Great advisor card was revealed through the Weekly Blog #30: Roman Advisors forum post on February 15th, 2020.
- It'll was made available with the launch of the Roman Civilization on March 15th, 2021, along with Senator Octavius, Supply Line Specialist Servilia, Gladius The Glorious Gladiator, Lucius Licinius Lucullus, Admiral Atilius, Crassus, Julius Caesar, Mark Antony, Siege Engineer Vitruvius