Julius Caesar is an Advisor exclusive to the Roman Civilization, active in Golden Age.
- Legionaries move 20% faster.
- Legionaries train in 30% less time.
- Legionaries ignore 50% of the enemy's armor.
Julius Caesar was first revealed in Weekly Blog #23: Caesar, Pompey, Crassus forum post on November 30th, 2019. He will act as an advisor, a community Role in the Legion of Caesar and finally as part of a new Unique Game Mode.
- Around 60 BCE, Caesar, Pompey, and Crassus enjoyed enormous military power and each led separate armies under the Roman flag. As their individual power rose, they each threatened the stability of the Republic.
- Julius Caesar was born into an influential Roman family, was son of a provincial governor, and nephew of one of the greatest Romans of his generation, Gaius Marius. Through these connections, Caesar became ruler of Hispania (modern day Spain), where he enjoyed great military success before becoming Pontifex Maximus, which was the head of the Roman religion. From there, he returned to the military and would become one of Rome's greatest commanders, most notably for his conquest of Gaul (modern day France, Switzerland, and Belgium). However, in doing so he faced accusations of raising a private army without the authority of Rome itself.
- Will include the use of hero units of Caesar, Pompey, and Crassus leading your army. We are very much in the infancy stages of this idea, as well. But it's been a pretty slow week for Roman development, and we would like to tease you all with these ideas
Julius Caesar advisor card was revealed through the Weekly Blog #30: Roman Advisors forum post on February 15th, 2020.
- It'll was made available with the launch of the Roman Civilization on March 15th, 2021, along with Senator Octavius, Supply Line Specialist Servilia, Gladius The Glorious Gladiator, Lucius Licinius Lucullus, Admiral Atilius, Crassus, Mark Antony, Pompey The Great, Siege Engineer Vitruvius