|Greek Ranged Unit|
|Age Available||Golden Age|
|Train Time||13 s.|
|Armor vs. infantry||0.3|
|Bonus vs. infantry||3.0|
- Armed with an ancient early crossbow, the Gastraphete's long range and high damage allows it to wipe out Infantry from afar.
Equipment Slots Edit
- Bronze Age
- Silver Age
- Golden Age
- Bodkin Arrows Increases the Pierce Damage of Gastraphetes.
- Laminar Armor Increases the Melee Armor of Gastraphetes.
- Shield Boss Increases the Pierce Armor of Gastraphetes.
- Composite Bow Increases the damage and maximum range of Gastraphetes.
- Greek Fire Increases the Gastraphetes Bonus Damage vs Ships, Buildings, and Seige.
- Gastraphetes Champion Increases Gastraphetes's rate of fire. (and increases movement speed in PvP)
HistoryEditThe gastraphetes (gas-tre-phet-ees, Ancient Greek: γαστραφέτης, Greek: Γαστραφετης) was the name of a weapon. It roughly translates to English as "belly-releaser". The weapon was a precursor to the crossbow as it used a special slider mechanism to pull the string. The gastraphetes was loaded by placing one end against the ground and pushing against the other end with the soldier's belly, giving it the nickname "Belly Bow".
- In PvE Greek players will often mass Gastraphetes.
- The Greek Fire research can allow them to deal fair damage against siege and buildings.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.