Equipment are items that can be given to units and buildings in order to improve their usefulness. When equipped they provide stat bonuses to the equipped unit or building.
Tiers[edit | edit source]
Equipment is divided into four separate tiers, based on rarity. .
- Uncommon (Green)
- Rare (Blue)
- Epic (Purple)
- Legendary (Orange)
The highest three tiers of Equipment are only available to players that have purchased the Premium Civilization Pack or the Pro Civilization (for more details about Premium/Pro Civilization, see Civilization).
Equipment slots[edit | edit source]
Each unit and building has 2 to 4 equipment slots. The equipment slots usually consist of:
- Slot 1: Weapon or special
- Slot 2: Shields or ammunition
- Slot 3: Armor or construction
- Slot 4: Accessory
- Slot 5: War paints
Slot 1[edit | edit source]
- Belly Bow - Usable by Greek Gastraphetes
- Bow - Usable by Archers, Triremes and Defensive Buildings
- Great Axe - Usable by Egyptian Axemen, Celtic Woad Raiders, and Norse Chiefs, Harjars, Berserkers, and Throwing Axemen
- Fire Pot - Usable by Fire Ships
- Fishing Nets - Usable by Fishing Ships
- Heavy Spear - Usable by Spearmen, Greek Prodromos, Egyptian Camel Riders and Celtic Horsemen
- Holy Staff - Usable by Greek Priests, Egyptian Priests of Set and Ptah and Celtic Druids and Augur and Magus
- Javelin - Usable by Egyptian Scouts, Greek Peltasts and Sarissophoroi and Celtic Carpentom
- Light Spear - Usable by Greek Hoplites, Persian Sparabaras and Egyptian War Elephants
- Merchant Gear - Usable by Caravans and Merchant Transports
- Ram Head - Usable by Battering Rams and Siege Towers
- Scepter - Usable by Egyptian Priestess of Ra
- Sling - Usable by Egyptian Slingers, Celtic Slingers and Babylonian Slingers
- Sword - Usable by Greek Scouts, Hypaspist and Hippikons and Celtic Scouts, Long Swordsmen and Champions
- Throwing Arm - Usable by Siege Units and Siege Warships.
- Work Tools (Gear) - Usable by Villagers
Slot 2[edit | edit source]
- Arrows - Usable by Archers, some Naval Units and Defensive Buildings.
- Shield - Usable by Egyptian War Elephants and Greek Hippikons, Hoplites, Hypaspists, Peltasts, and Sarissophoroi and Celtic Long Swordsmen
Slot 3[edit | edit source]
- Siege and Boat Armor - Usable by Siege Units and Naval Units.
- Cloth Armor - Usable by Archers, Priests, Villagers and Egyptian Slingers.
- Infantry Armor - Usable by Infantry
- Light Armor - Usable by Cavalry
- Building Construction - Usable by buildings
- Torc - Usable by Slinger (Celtic) and Bowman (Celtic)
- War Horn - Usable by Celtic Woad Raiders
Slot 4[edit | edit source]
- Construction Accessory - Usable by buildings
- Siege Accessory - Usable by Siege units
- Laborer - Usable by Villagers and Caravans
- Scout Special - Usable by Scouts
- Boat Accessory - Usable by Naval Units
- Soldiers' Gear - Usable by Archers, Cavalry and Infantry
- Priest Accessory - Usable by Greek Priests, Priestesses of Ra, Priests of Set, Priests of Ptah, Magi, Druids, and Augurs.
Slot 5[edit | edit source]
- Warpaint - Usable by Spearman (Celtic), Long Swordsman, Woad Raider and Champion.
- Banner - Usable by the Roman Aquilifer
References[edit | edit source]
- Empire Handbook | Age of Empires Online
- Age of Empires Online preview: Build like an Egyptian at Joystiq.com
|Slot 1|| Belly Bow · Bow · Fire Pot · Fishing Nets · Great Axe · Heavy Club |
Heavy Spear · Holy Staff · Javelin · Light Spear · Merchant Gear
Ram Head · Scepter · Sling · Sword · Throwing Arm · Work Tools
|Slot 2||Arrows · Shield|
|Slot 3|| Siege and Boat Armor · Cloth Armor · Infantry Armor · Light Armor|
Building Construction · Torc
|Slot 4|| Construction Accessory · Siege Accessory · Laborer · Scout Special · Boat Accessory|
Soldiers' Gear · Priest Accessory