Equipment are items that can be given to units and buildings in order to improve their usefulness. When equipped they provide stat bonuses to the equipped unit or building.
Equipment is divided into four separate tiers, based on rarity. .
- Uncommon (Green)
- Rare (Blue)
- Epic (Purple)
- Legendary (Orange)
The highest three tiers of Equipment are only available to players that have purchased the Premium Civilization Pack or the Pro Civilization (for more details about Premium/Pro Civilization, see Civilization).
Each unit and building has 2 to 4 equipment slots. The equipment slots usually consist of:
- Slot 1: Weapon or special
- Slot 2: Shields or ammunition
- Slot 3: Armor or construction
- Slot 4: Accessory
- Slot 5: War paints
Slot 1 Edit
- Belly Bow - Usable by Greek Gastraphetes
- Bow - Usable by Archers, Triremes and Defensive Buildings
- Great Axe - Usable by Egyptian Axemen, Celtic Woad Raiders, and Norse Chiefs, Harjars, Berserkers, and Throwing Axemen
- Fire Pot - Usable by Fire Ships
- Fishing Nets - Usable by Fishing Ships
- Heavy Spear - Usable by Spearmen, Greek Prodromos, Egyptian Camel Riders and Celtic Horsemen
- Holy Staff - Usable by Greek Priests, Egyptian Priests of Set and Ptah and Celtic Druids and Augur and Magus
- Javelin - Usable by Egyptian Scouts, Greek Peltasts and Sarissophoroi and Celtic Carpentom
- Light Spear - Usable by Greek Hoplites, Persian Sparabaras and Egyptian War Elephants
- Merchant Gear - Usable by Caravans and Merchant Transports
- Ram Head - Usable by Battering Rams and Siege Towers
- Scepter - Usable by Egyptian Priestess of Ra
- Sling - Usable by Egyptian Slingers, Celtic Slingers and Babylonian Slingers
- Sword - Usable by Greek Scouts, Hypaspist and Hippikons and Celtic Scouts, Long Swordsmen and Champions
- Throwing Arm - Usable by Siege Units and Siege Warships.
- Work Tools (Gear) - Usable by Villagers
Slot 2 Edit
- Arrows - Usable by Archers, some Naval Units and Defensive Buildings.
- Shield - Usable by Egyptian War Elephants and Greek Hippikons, Hoplites, Hypaspists, Peltasts, and Sarissophoroi and Celtic Long Swordsmen
Slot 3 Edit
- Siege and Boat Armor - Usable by Siege Units and Naval Units.
- Cloth Armor - Usable by Archers, Priests, Villagers and Egyptian Slingers.
- Infantry Armor - Usable by Infantry
- Light Armor - Usable by Cavalry
- Building Construction - Usable by buildings
- Torc - Usable by Slinger (Celtic) and Bowman (Celtic)
- War Horn - Usable by Celtic Woad Raiders
Slot 4 Edit
- Construction Accessory - Usable by buildings
- Siege Accessory - Usable by Siege units
- Laborer - Usable by Villagers and Caravans
- Scout Special - Usable by Scouts
- Boat Accessory - Usable by Naval Units
- Soldiers' Gear - Usable by Archers, Cavalry and Infantry
- Priest Accessory - Usable by Greek Priests, Priestesses of Ra, Priests of Set, Priests of Ptah, Magi, Druids, and Augurs.
Slot 5 Edit
- Warpaint - Usable by Spearman (Celtic), Long Swordsman, Woad Raider and Champion.
- Banner - Usable by the Roman Aquilifer
- ↑ Empire Handbook | Age of Empires Online
- ↑ Age of Empires Online preview: Build like an Egyptian at Joystiq.com
|Slot 1|| Belly Bow · Bow · Fire Pot · Fishing Nets · Great Axe · Heavy Club |
Heavy Spear · Holy Staff · Javelin · Light Spear · Merchant Gear
Ram Head · Scepter · Sling · Sword · Throwing Arm · Work Tools
|Slot 2||Arrows · Shield|
|Slot 3|| Siege and Boat Armor · Cloth Armor · Infantry Armor · Light Armor|
Building Construction · Torc
|Slot 4|| Construction Accessory · Siege Accessory · Laborer · Scout Special · Boat Accessory|
Soldiers' Gear · Priest Accessory