|Roman Warship Unit|
|Age Available||Silver Age|
- The Enneris in Age 3 and counters ships with low range fire and then in Age 4 upgrades to give it a ballista that it will do siege damage at long range, effective mostly against Buildings.
The following technologies can be used improved the abilities of the Enneris during a mission.
Project Celeste Development
The Enneris was first revealed at the Weekly Blog #20: Enneris, 8-Slot and 12-Slot Warehouses forum post on November 9th, 2019.
- We [...] turned the Enneris into an interesting kind of hybrid ship that appears in Age 3 and counters ships with low range fire and then in Age 4 upgrades to give it a ballista that it will do siege damage at long range, effective mostly against Buildings.
- This mechanic will be almost identical to that of Sessrúmnir, the unique warship featured in the Realms of the World Quest Pack. So the Romans will end up with a Siege ship, but in a very Roman way that will keep their navy from being too overpowering.
- Because the Roman navy was originally designed to be supremely overpowerful, we are pleased to tell you that we had a chance to present our revised design to the original designer of the Romans, and he agreed with us on these judgment calls. In his words, “I think trimming down the navy is a good call […] I think we can both agree that when we think Romans, we don’t associate them with naval superiority.” He also liked our decision to give it a ballista-trireme style of upgrade later.
- Now, this may be just the opinion of one person. But to us in our quest to bring to you the Romans as close as possible to what the original Developers had in mind, you can imagine how nervous we get when tinkering around with those designs. So it is an unspeakable relief to have the guy who set those designs in place bless our decisions and agree that some of his own units would not have made it into the Romans. We owe the original Devs so much, and so we sleep a little easier knowing we aren’t letting them down.
The 3d model for the sails of the Regular, Uncommon, Rare, Epic Legendary fitted Merchant Transport, that are used with all military ships as well were first showed in the Weekly Blog #26: Scorpio, Visual Updates on Units forum post on January 11th, 2020.
- Every civilization has a collection of Sails for their Ships; Fishing Boats have a single model and don't change their Sails based on the gear equipped, but Merchant Transports and all Military Ships share the same set of Sails. We found some unfinished versions of Roman Sails, but we decided to do a full revision of the Sails. So PF2K started drawing some concepts for the different tiers of Roman Sails, and once we were happy with the designs, he and Chaos got to turning those concepts into actual 3D models