The objective of the Defense of Crete is to defend the Wonder (the Temple of Minos, the Shrine of the Bound Minotaur or the Hubris of Icarus) from the Lelegan Mercenaries that come to attack the wonder in waves.
- NPC difficulties on gear levels: Easy(5-10), Medium(10-20), Hard(20-30), Challenge(30-40) and Impossible(40+)
- Choose the Number of Waves to increase the rewards: 10, 20 and 30!
- Nine different settings: Sea of Crete, Martsalo Gorge, The White Mountains, Ieropotamos River, Elafonisi Island, Lasithi Plateau, Mount Kedros, Cretan Land Bridge and Myrtoan Sea
- Customizable experience fully supports co-op questing
- More than 50 new pieces of gear
- Three Special Ability consumables with four rarities, for 12 abilities total
- Three Advisors with four rarities, for 12 new Advisors total
- Three Minoan stores, located in Crete
Go to the Minoan War Council, located under the floating shield to customize your game based on Difficulty, Number of waves, "Quest setting" (location), and weather or not you wish to play it coop.
- "Pack up your army and head to Crete!
- King Minos needs your help to defend his island from invaders-and he's sure to enrich your coffers if you succeed.
- Beat back waves of relentless invaders as you protect the sacred Minoan Wonders from being destroyed.
- For even more fun, invite a friend to team up against the barbarian attackers. Earn new gear and awesome rewards for defending Crete!"
- 5 chests are given along with coin, both depending on the difficulty selected
- the player will also be given a choice of Cypress Wood , Minoan Tools , Knossoss Marble or a blueprint for Temple of Minos, Hubris of Icarus and Shrine of the Bound Minotaur, depending on the amount of selected waves.
- It was first revealed on April 28th, 2011.
- It was called Invasion during its development stage.